Coinbase has an affiliate program, which anyone can join. It’s hosted on Impact, a top-rated affiliate network. Let’s review the benefits, drawbacks, commission rate, cookie duration, and program details.
Coinbase is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in June 2012. The company was founded by Brian Armstrong and has its headquarters in San Francisco, California, USA. Coinbase currently has a market capitalization of over $100 billion. With operations in 32 countries, Coinbase allows its users to trade fiat currencies against Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin and Bitcoin cash. The company has served more than 12 million customers and has traded over $40 billion in currency exchange. Coinbase is one of the few crypto-exchanges that allows credit card transactions. In addition, with Coinbase, users can trade digital currency at a set price determined by market value. Depending on the payment method, transaction charges are between 1.49% and 3.99% with credit cards having the highest transactions charges. Coinbase charges are also lower than Coinmama and CEX, both of whom operate a similar model as Coinbase. In February 2018, Coinbase became SegWit (Segregated Witness) enabled, which allows users to pay a lower transactions charges.
Features Of Coinbase Crypto-Exchange
- Easy to use platform
- Beautiful pricing charts
- Users can choose either bank transfer or credit card as their preferred payment method
- Users can also add their PayPal account to the platform, but it can only be used for proceeds from the sales of cryptocurrencies
- 2 Factor Authentication
- Store crypto in vault mode (offline)
- Set automatic buys
Coinbase's Referral Program
Coinbase referral program offers you a good proposition to sign up and refer people. To refer a friend, you register on the platform, copy your referral link or send an email invite to your friend. Once your friend completes a buy or sell transaction worth $100 or more, both you and your friend earn $10 worth of bitcoin. However, the $100 worth transaction must be completed in the first 180 days. You can easily share your referral links from your account on social media platforms. Also, Coinbase allows you to upload your email contacts so you can send invites to them. There’s also no limit to the number of friends you can refer. Coinbase also considers funds sent to an email address as a referral.
Other features of the referral program
- You are not allowed to promote your referral code through Paid ads using the word Coinbase’ or Coinbase-related keywords, else, your referral code will be deactivated
- To ensure your referral bonus shows up on your account, your referred friend must have signed up after clicking your link. In case your referred friend clicks multiple referral links, yours must be clicked last
- Your referred friend must complete orders using the trading platform and not the GDAX exchange/ Coinbase Pro
- Duplicate or fake accounts are not eligible for referral bonuses
- Coinbase reserves the right to change the programs’ terms and conditions at any time
How long do Coinbase affiliate tracking cookies last?
Coinbase tracking cookies last 30 days, meaning that if a visitor clicks on your affiliate link, then you will be credited with the referral as long as they sign up within 30 days.